ARC is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
This policy explains how we collect and use your information.
When you provide us with your personal information you are agreeing to this policy and consenting to our collection and use of that information as set out in this policy. We may be required to update this policy at any time without notice to you, so please check it regularly.
If you have any queries about this policy please contact the Director, Jane Fisher email@example.com
How do we collect information? We may obtain personal information from you when you ask for information, register with us, train with us, send or receive an email, make a donation or otherwise provide us with personal information. All information collected is processed in accordance with our legal requirements and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What information do we collect? The information we collect depends upon your interaction with ARC, whether it’s via the website, getting in touch, taking part in an event or training. This information could include (but is not exclusive to) your full name, date of birth, email address, details of your pregnancy (if applicable), postal address and telephone number. At this date (29 July 2020) most of our donations are processed by third party sites- Charity Checkout, PayPal. We process some card donations in house but then destroy card details. So ARC does not hold any banking details; but we will hold information on donation dates, values and if they were for a specific purpose.
We may also collect details of your visits to our website, including but not limited to traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data. All the forms and transactions on this site comply with data protection requirements (GDPR, Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA)).
You may give us your personal information indirectly, through a donation on a fundraising site such as Virgin Money Giving or Charities Aid Foundation. These third parties will ask you whether you are happy to be contacted by us and we will not use your information to contact you without explicit permission given by you via these sites.
We use live chat software on our website, this is provided by Click4Assistance, a 3rd party UK based Software Company. Information regarding how the data is processed and stored can be viewed here.
When we ask for your personal information, we give you the option to opt out of communications via post, telephone (which includes text message) and email.
If you would like to opt out of communications directly, please contact us, either by phone on 0207 713 7356 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not sell your personal information to any other organisations.
Why do we collect your information? We collect the information you provide to:
- Respond to your requests – such as donations, Gift Aid, events and challenges, training, information regarding ARC that you have made enquiries about
- Manage your purchase orders, delivery of training or publicatios and communicate with you about those orders
- Record any contact we have with you
- Keep you up-to-date on ARC’s news such as fundraising campaigns, challenges, achievements etc, but only if we believe this falls under the category of legitimate interest to you, according to the GDPR guidelines
- Keep you up to date with new support or learning materials available – for parents and professionals
- Prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and to enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other legitimate functions on our behalf
ARC will never swap or sell your details. When dealing with your personal information we will always comply with the General Data Protection Regulation and any other applicable legislation.
How do we protect personal information? We take the security of your information very seriously and have put appropriate measures in place to minimise the risk to your information from loss, theft or misuse. These include:
- Restricted access control, including use of regularly changed passwords, to your information stored on our systems.
- Taking measures to ensure the information provided is accurate, up-to-date and kept only for as long as is necessary for the purposes to which you have given consent.
- We have contractual agreements between working partners (e.g. third party donation collectors for payment transactions) that require compliance with the Fundraising Regulator and the Information Commissioners Office, GDPR, Data Protection Act 1998 and all applicable legislation.
- Your information is only accessed by staff who have received data protection and compliance training. We undertake regular reviews of who has access to our database.
Do we share your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
There are some circumstances where we may need to share data. For instance:
- If we are legally required to do so, e.g. court order, law enforcement agency pursuing an investigation.
- If we believe it necessary to protect or defend our rights, property or the personal safety of our personnel or visitors to our premises or website.
- Information has to be sent to HMRC as part of the declaration process for Gift Aid so that we can reclaim the Gift Aid on your donation(s).
Right of access You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you, why we hold your data, how it is processed and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected.
To request this information please by phone on 0207 713 7356, send a request in writing to the Director Jane Fisher ARC, 12-15 Crawford Mews, York Street, London, W1H 1LX or contact us via our website
Please note ARC has 30 days to respond to your request.
Right to be forgotten:
You have the right to have your data permanently erased. This will also apply to third parties and does not require a formal withdrawal of consent.
Contact details If your personal details change, please help us to keep your information up-to-date by notifying us.
If at any time you’d like us to change the way we contact you, or if you would like to opt out of our communications altogether please contact a member of our team by:
- Freephone – 0207 713 7356
- Online using our contact form
- write to – ARC, 12-15 Crawford Mews, York Street, London, W1H 1LX
We will only email or text you if we have your consent to do so, but if you receive anything you would rather not, please let us know. We include an unsubscribe option within every mass email message we send so you are always in control of what you receive.
There are also details of how to opt out of mailings in Newsletter. If you receive a mailing you do not want, please let us know so we can update your communication preferences. This will help us to ensure we only ever send you materials that you would like to receive.
Photography All photography on this site is reproduced with kind permission of the photographers concerned.
Information All information published on this site is provided to the best of our knowledge. You may print out any page on this site for your own information, but you may not sell it, reproduce it on the internet, alter it, or reprint it in any publication without permission from the Director, Jane Fisher.
Complaints If you have a complaint about ARC or any of our policies or procedures please visit the Contact Us page or write to the Director Jane Fisher ARC, 12-15 Crawford Mews, York Street, London, W1H 1LX.
This policy was last updated on 20/07/2020.