Information for Businesses and Trusts
If your company has employees aged 16 to 65, the chances are that many of them will experience the joys and responsibilities of parenthood at some time. For most, their pregnancy is trouble-free, but for some the path to parenthood is not so smooth. It can be a very isolating and painful experience when things do not go according to plan.
ARC is a very small charity, so the donations we receive go directly towards helping parents, through the maintainance of our information and support services. Here's how your support can help ARC and our members:
- £100 pays for the upkeep of the helpline for one day – the telephone is often the first point of contact for a distressed, expectant or bereaved parent
- £250 pays for the publication of further copies of our handbook which provides essential information for parents faced with an agonising decision
- £500 pays for a mail-out of the ARC Newsletter, a source of great comfort and hope, for 1600 bereaved parents
- £1000 pays for a full day of training for sonographers, midwives and doctors to provide better care for parents going through distressing times in pregnancy
How your company can help ARC
Fundraising is a great way of increasing staff morale and a great inter-departmental team builder. It not only makes a huge difference to ARC, but is lots of fun for those taking part too. It is a major resource for ARC, both financially and as a way of raising our profile.
Here's how you and your staff can help ARC:
- Sponsor an ARC event or project
- Nominate us as your Charity of the Year
- Donate gifts in kind
- Provide volunteers with expertise
- Hold a fundraising event for ARC
- Match Giving for employees who fundraise for ARC
- Donate online
How charitable trusts can help ARC
We support expectant and bereaved parents throughout the UK. As ARC is the only organisation of its kind, we also support parents and train health professionals from all over the world. Much of our support comes from parents who have used our services, many of whom have been tragically bereaved. Your organisation could really make a difference to parents, their families and health professionals by making a contribution to ARC.
ARC is constantly looking for support to continue its core services like the helpline; our newsletters, information booklets, health professionals' training and parents’ groups, and also to enable us to develop new projects in the future.
If you would like to fundraise or make a donation, see the links provided above, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0207 713 7356.