As a very small charity, ARC depends on the donations and fundraising efforts of our members and supporters. Most people will know someone who had difficulties in their pregnancy and used our services, or who wished they had known about us.
Please support ARC, help raise our profile, and make a difference!
You can help sustain ARC's core services - our helpline, newsletters, information booklets, parents groups and health professionals' training, and assist us in the research, creation and development of new projects. Fundraising in the past has come from a huge variety of activities, such as running marathons, skydiving, bungee-jumping and many others. It doesn't matter whether you raise £10 or £10,000 - every penny makes a difference!
- £10 pays for an information and support pack for a bereaved or expectant parent
- £20 pays for the website for a day - an essential aid for parents and health professionals
- £30 will provide 10 ARC Handbooks for a hospital, to be available to parents on hearing bad news
- £50 will train a volunteer to provide support to bereaved and anxious parents
- £200 pays for the upkeep of the helpline for one day - often the first point of contact for distressed parents
- £500 pays for the postage for a mail-out of the ARC Newsletter to 1500 bereaved parents
- £1000 will pay for a full day's training for midwives and doctors to help them provide better care for parents
How you can help
By supporting ARC, you'll ensure expectant and bereaved parents and their families get impartial, informed and non-directive support in difficult circumstances. You can show your support for ARC in a variety of ways. As ARC is a very small charity, you can be sure that your contribution goes directly to those who need it.
You can make a difference and there are many ways to do this. You can:
- Make a single donation or a regular contribution via standing order (72kb PDF)
- Donate online via Just Giving or Virgin Money Giving
- Take part in a fundraising event in your workplace
- You can donate in memory on our 'Loving Memory' page
- You can take part in Fundraising Events or organise your own fundraising event
- You can raise money for ARC while online, by using Give as You Live and other sites.
- You can offer non-financial help and volunteer your expertise to help promote our work
Don't forget that if you are a UK taxpayer, you can Gift Aid your donation to ARC. This means that for every pound you give, ARC will receive an extra 25 pence from HMRC at no further cost to you. You must pay an amount of Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax in the tax year at least equal to the amount of tax that ARC will reclaim on your gifts for that tax year. Other taxes such as VAT and Council Tax do not qualify.
Please browse through the links on the left or contact us on 0207 713 7356 or email@example.com for information on the many ways you can make a difference - large or small. Your contribution is very valuable to ARC and our members.